Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday #13 - Curtains (and Tolkien)

     Hey there Dreamers! How's everybody doing? I hope the answer was well, because that implies that you're being moderately successful, and for the most part enjoying life. Which I think is really important.
     Now, I've recently been putting up some pretty weak posts, let's be honest here. I'd apologize for that, but that's stupid at this point. So, instead of apologizing, I'll try my best to write better posts with some extra girth to them.
     For those of you who I turn to for ideas, thank you, even though I won't be using your ideas in this post (probably later). But until that point, let's talk about something very near and dear to me: The Lord of the Rings.
     Well, really it's J.R.R. Tolkien. That's what's actually near and dear to me. But to be more specific, The Hobbit. To be even more specific, The Hobbits movies. To properly reach the level of superfluous specificity, The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. Okay, now that we've effectively established what we're discussing (and now that I've opened up the first Hobbit movie and am now watching it), we can begin.
     So, I got a rocking poster from my English teacher the other day due to a repeated display for my love of Tolkien works and an above-average knowledge of  his works. Yep. That's what I wanted to talk about.
     Kidding! I was recently involved with a musical with my school, called Curtains (the musical, not the school), and I spent a majority of my time sitting at a table backstage, discussing Canada or sitting on my girlfriends lap (I swear, her idea) when she came around. The whole experience was pretty chill, seeing as I got time to do homework, rest up, and make some new friends (which I love doing). I was on the Tech Crew for the show, and was responsible for the microphones that the actors wore onstage (not just myself, of course. I have to thank Canada and B-rad for their hard work and diligence).
     Now, I was in the musical last year as a cast member, so doing Tech Crew gave me an interesting perspective on how much work and planning it takes to get a show like Curtains to actually be performed. In case you didn't know, it's a lot.
     But speaking of acting: Come to Urbana High School on May 15th, 2014 at 19:00 for the Drama Showcase, put on by the advanced acting class. I'll be directing a scene from Star Wars (Live performance), but with a hilarious twist (don't worry, Han does shoot first). Admission is free, and it'll be a fun night. Yes I will be reminding you about this every single week.
Frozen
You keep my food cold
Below forty degrees F
Refrigerator
"I am fire, I am death" -Smaug, Desolation of Smaug, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment