Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday #27 - I'm Wasting My Life...

Hey guy! How's everybody doing?
Do you guys ever have days where you set out to do so many things, but in the end you get distracted, and never do the things you were supposed to do? Of course you have, you're human (I'm pretty sure), and making mistakes like that is totally normal. However...
     I HATE THOSE DAYS! I had one of those days today, and now, it feels like I wasted a day of summer, because tomorrow I'm going to have to haul serious butt to get all the work /////////i was supposed to do today tomorrow, I addition to the work I have to do tomorrow... Aside from this evening, today has been a day that I regret... And I don't like regretting days... It makes me upset... Grrr...
That's all I really have to say this week. I'll see you next week, or somewhere in between.

Wasting My Young Years
My youthful mates
Pursue western education
Trying to be useful to the nation
I am wasting my young years
My mother in tears
I am rubbishing my youth

I am wasting my youthful years
Any one who cares
Let him stop me

I welcome the morning sun
With smoke my mouth tap
From a roll of marijuana
Then bless it with a swallow
Of ogogoro (Dry gin).

As my youthful mates
Make hay to farm
I make hay to feast
On their produce.

As the sun roll
The street I roam
With tobacco fastened to my mouth
My eyes left and right looking
For a street fight.

Wasting my youthful years
The polls are coming
I anticipate its arrival
Soon I will be in my looting suit
Loot ballot boxes here and there
They will announce the real winner
That's my contribution
To nation building.
-Inawo Murphy

"Just do what must be done. this may not be happiness, but it is greatness" - George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment