Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday #7 - Cats: How I Love To Hate Them

     Hey everybody, how are you all doing? I hope just a little better, because it's Wednesday!!! So, nobody sent anything as to a name... so that's not happening...
     Well, I've got a lot that I could talk about this week. I could talk about the Olympics, about Valentine's Day, or I could talk about the impending doom of snow that is waiting in the sky right now. This in consideration, I feel more drawn to talking about cats. I both love and hate cats, and for
what I feel are good reasons.
Why I Love Cats
     Cats make for wonderful companions, to be honest. If you're able to bond with them, and if you're able to get from them the closest thing that they have to trust, you'll find that they make for good company. They are very... interesting to watch as they go crazy over whatever their particular fascination is (shining things, things that make weird noises, birds, things that dangle), and make for good (for lack of a better word) toys if you can manipulate the thing that they are fascinated with (yes, is said toys)(get over it people). They are relatively low maintenance, requiring only food, water, and a place to defecate (which does require regular cleaning). They can easily entertain themselves, and things like brushing them and medical care require little time, as they don't really have to happen all that often. All in all, cats are good pets, especially because of their smaller size and space necessary for a happy life.
Why I Hate Cats
    Who wouldn't hate the Devil? Cats are, put blatantly, evil. They see themselves as the lords of all that they see, walking with such pomp and circumstance in their step. They demand of their owners the world, and will complain to no end if their life is less than optimal. One day, within the last week, I was going to sleep late (a rare privilege), but my cat had other plans. It was 4:06 when the assault began (for a frame of reference, I usually get up at 6:20), and I found my REM sleep under the attack of a cat sitting on my chest and face, cutting off breathing. I awoke from my sleep, but still laid in bed, groggy from my early rising. My initial movement was obviously a cue to my cat to start nudging my face. By nudge I don't mean a few light touches of the face, but instead a ramming speed of a Roman trireme put into the face of a cat, put behind a headbutt straight to the face (I swear, the cat was trying to break my nose). 
It's Okay
     For all of the cat haters, I'm sure you're thinking:
"YES!! Do away with those damn cats!"
And for the cat lovers, I'm sure you're thinking:
"YOU EVIL EVIL MAN! THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!" 
To both of these people I have the same response: Good for you. I know that expressing an opinion is going to ruffle feathers (even with cats. I mean, it's not like I'm talking about abortion or anything)(Ohhh... Dang it... I shouldn't have said that...), but it's not like I'm going to start serializing the murders of felines, but I'm also not going to start taking in strays off of the streets. It's as simple as that.
Stream
Following a Stream
Is like following a dream
As it all unfolds,
The story is told
The dream moves around, flowing every which way,
Until the stream trickles into the light of day
And just like life, that stream is a journey
Whether you sleep in a bed, or a hospital gurney.
We all have dreams, a stream to follow
Wheter those dreams are fulfilled or the dream is hollow
So lets get moving, the days almost done
And while we’re following the stream, lets have some fun

  "They said make your favorite meal, and I want to make a sandwich with meat and uh... salad." -Seth Rihn

No comments:

Post a Comment